I’m Vina. My middle name is Joy. And my last name? Legally it’s Barham which is my husband’s adoptive dad’s last name (it’s English I think) but I am currently going by my mother’s maiden name, Duran. There’s so much to share about each name I carry and how they shape my story and my path to shedding layers and coming home to who I am. But it’s all a work in progress. Maybe one day.
Here in this space, I share bits and pieces of my journey as I find my way back to living whole, rooted and free. I think we are all born that way while simultaneously having to discover how we are becoming all those things. But what do I know? After reaching my 40th year of life, the only sure thing I know is that there is so much I don’t.
And writing, really, is one of the best ways I come to knowing (along with staring into bodies of water and dancing.)
Some stuff you’ll find here:
- leaving Christianity + my eclectic spiritual practices
- parenting as my spiritual journey
- my journey as an unschooling mom
- life as a first generation Ilokana-American in the Pacific Northwest
- dismantling systems of oppression beginning with my own internalized shit
- reconnecting with my ancestral heritage
- my struggle with chronic depression + anxiety + PTSD + autoimmune condition
- my healing path + my medicine
- discovering + claiming my gifts + learning to love myself
You can find me on Facebook (which may be changing in the near future) if you want to connect there. You can also send me an email at email@example.com.
For those who want to support me as I discover the next iteration of my work, you can do that on my Patreon page. I still don’t know how to work that platform, just FYI.
Maraming Salamat! Agyamanak! (Thank you so much!)
Here’s to getting free together!
Get Honest Shit + Irreverent Inspiration in Your Inbox